Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bin Laden


Osama Bin Laden's death has a neither a positive nor negative affect on me personally. I have been living my life peacefully while he was in hiding, and nothing will change now that he is dead. I do have very strong feelings about the 9/11 disaster and his involvement with it, and I feel he may have deserved to die, but that's not my place to give a man the right to live or not. He felt he was justified in what he did for his country, or religion, or whatever reason he had behind the attacks. Just as our troops feel justified. My main concern is retaliation. Osama has many followers behind him and his country, ready to die for the cause at any moment. This could trigger more terrorist attacks in the near future and some don't even realize that. Osama Bin Laden was a very powerful, wealthy and smart man. Do people actually think he didn't have a plan devised for if this exact situation might occur? Spending years in hiding he had more than enough time to realize that he may eventually be caught. While the world is rejoicing I feel we need to be preparing. Preparing for attacks on the U.S. and modern warfare. I think the government may know this, but I don't think we are ever FULLY prepared for what may coming.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your blog ! I agree about being prepared for retaliation. It's scary to think about.

    ReplyDelete