Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The NFL Lockout



This whole thing is about money. The owners want the players to play 18 games, make them more money and all the while they want to cut down money given to the players because of supposed funds that they are losing. But my question for the owners is where’s the proof of that? The NFL has been thriving for years and I haven’t seen any slowing of revenue. I personally think the owners just feel that they were giving too much to the players and they wanted to get that power back in the terms of money. Well, because of the shot they fired first with opting out of the deal, the NFLPA decided to decertify and now there’s a lockout. Now I’m sure that there may be some key points that I have missed, but the only thing I can say for sure is that I’m tired of this bickering back and forth and I wish that both sides would just come to an agreement and get this over with. The owners still haven’t realized that their greed is what has caused this lockout situation. Now with all that being said, I still think that we will not be missing any football at the beginning of the NFL football season. If there is football missed, then the NFL will incur serious damage to its popularity.The NFL owners and players would be wise to do a little research to what happened to Major League Baseball after they missed games in 1994.It took steroids to get them back on the map. I really doubt that either side wants to go through something like that especially when you consider that right now both sides are making billions of dollars.I know that there are important issues on both sides, but at the end of the day the only people that are getting hurt by a work stoppage is the fans, so I will not be participating in any of the propaganda that either side is putting out there. The only thing I support is a resolution that keeps this thing moving forward with the momentum that it currently has.

No comments:

Post a Comment