Thursday, May 26, 2011

Higher Learning

The name of my all time favorite movie is "Higher Learning" released in 1995 by John Singleton. It tells a story of young adults on a college campus with high racial tension. It stars Omar Epps, Tyra Banks,Ice Cube, Lawerence Fishburne, Busta Rhymes and Regina King. Its a very powerful film that I still enjoy today. It has action, drama, romance and comedy,all great focal points for a good film. This movie appealed to me becaus eit had characters that I am very familiar with and can relate to. It also brought in to perspective how racism was handled on college campuses back in their time, because believe it or not its still exists today. Higher Learning was such a powerful movie, my mother says she remembers there being fights after the premier lef out of the theater. Emotions ran high enough within people to drive them to fight based on the racially motivated acts depicted in this movie. I recommend it to any and everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment