Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Facebook


I am an active facebook user. I log on maybe once or twice a day on free time just to see whats going on with my friends. I do think some people are getting carried away and maybe even addicted to the social network. I have about six hundred friends, half of which I actually know in some way or form. I know of people with thousands of friends and communicate with absolutely none of them. All this does is give a countless number of random people access to your life. If you are not careful of what you post on facebook, people from all over can know your phone number, city and state, location at the current time or any other types of information you wouldn't normally give to a stranger. If you don't always practice "appropriate" conversations or post on your facebook, you need to beware of future employers searching your page to see what kind of things you discuss, or pictures you post on the site. I don't think this is a fair way of judging a person in consideration for a job because pretty much everyone knows the difference in how to conduct themselves on a work site, or at home or a casual place. I may talk about things on facebook with certain people that I wouldn't even consider bringing up on the job. On the other hand, employers or businesses that promote via facebook have an extreme advantage over those that don't. Millions of people use the social site, many of which are seeking employment of some sort. I'ts a great way to reach a large amount of people from various ethnicities,ages,backgrounds and qualities.

1 comment:

  1. I agree I think it is crazy how addicted people are to facebook and the fact that people get thousands of friends and don't even know them is just stupid.

    ReplyDelete